TORQ® TORQ22D DUAL-ACTION BACKING PLATE (5 INCH)
Why Buy This Product?
- Superior dual action polisher backing plate specifically designed for TORQ22D Random Orbital Polishers
- Streamline Integration: Unique engineering of TORQ22D makes it the first large-throw polisher to accept 5 and 6 backing plates without modifications or voiding the warranty
- Vented design channels fresh air to cool buffing pad, backing plate, and machine polisher for extended longevity and superior results
- Low-profile design and beveled edge fits machine and pad into hard to reach areas
- Works with all foam and microfiber buffing and polishing pads
- Accepts hook and loop carpet and upholstery brushes for interior detailing jobs
- For use with the TORQ22D Random Orbital Polisher
About The TORQ22D Backing Plate
The 5 TORQ22D backing plate works with any 5.5 buffing and polishing pads and scrubbing brushes for unlimited detailing applications. The TORQ22D Random Orbital Polisher is the first large throw detailing machine that balances power, wide buffing pattern, and ergonomic feel in a package designed around the user. The 22D makes short work of polishing paint, metal, optical plastic, and glass, but it can also scrub carpets, upholstery, and even restore headlights. Polishing large, flat panels like roofs, hoods, and doors is made easy with the included 6 TORQ22D backing plate, but smaller and more contoured spots are easier to polish with the 5 TORQ backing plate. The 5 TORQ22D backing plate uses rugged synthetic materials for superior heat resistance and durability over extended polishing jobs. Bi-directional cooling channels funnel fresh air in to cool the buffing pad, backing plate, and machine polisher with every spin around the TORQ22D machine. Dispersing heat from polishing extends the lifespan of buffing pads, backing plates, and the machine polisher itself. The low-profile plate features a beveled edge to help fit the buffing pad into tight areas around brush guards, roof racks, door mirrors, bumpers, door jambs, and more. The custom-fitted interface bracket that attaches the backing plate to the TORQ22D is secured with durable metal fittings for a solid bond. Choose the TORQ22D 5 backing plate for polishing smaller areas, contoured panels, or scrubbing seats, carpets, and upholstery.